HMO Podcast Network (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.hmopodnetwork.com.au you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you do not agree or have concerns about any part of the policy, you should discontinue using the site.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is HMO Podcast Network of PO Box 129 Geraldton WA 6531.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.hmopodnetwork.com.au (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search for a product, participate in discussions or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs, and opinions or comments you post on the site.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them to prevent fraud and other criminal offences.
PUBLIC AREAS OF THE WEBSITE
Parts of the site (such as comments) provide an opportunity for users to exchange information, news and views. We are unable to protect your privacy in these public areas. Any information you share in these areas becomes public, therefore you should exercise caution when you decide whether or not to disclose your personal information. Such information is shared at your own risk and we cannot guarantee that it will not be viewed by unauthorised persons. Before using the public areas of the site, you should carefully read our Acceptable Use Policy which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. This is available on request.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you unless you opt out. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services or special offers, that may interest you or them;
- to give you free regular weekly updates about what’s new on the site, which may include free weekly and monthly emails, SMS text messages and other special offers which we think you may find of interest on the site;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features, competitions, prize draws and other promotions via the site;
- if you post comments on the site, to publish them for editorial purposes or in promotional material.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will not share your information with any third parties without your prior consent
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HMO Podcast Network or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us or by post to HMO Podcast Network, PO Box 129 Geraldton WA 6531.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you no longer wish us to hold your details on a database then you may ask us to remove your details by contacting us.
Access to Information
If you have registered on our site, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send an email to us to request access to, correct or delete any personal information you have provided. We cannot delete your personal information except by deleting your user account. If you delete information shared in the public areas of the site it may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copies or stored by other users of the site. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $25 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We may make changes to this policy without notice to you. Please ensure that you review the policy regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted any variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted